Botox Conveniently located to serve Houston, The Woodlands and Sugar Land
BOTOX and Fillers
About BOTOX and Fillers
At The Bressler Center, we like to stay abreast of recent news articles regarding cosmetic facial procedures and surgery throughout the country. These provide us with insight to new and exciting treatments, technology, and the current buzz surrounding our field. BOTOX® and fillers continue to generate much excitement and awareness. Therefore, we have chosen some pertinent articles from throughout the country regarding these procedures.
As a facial plastic surgeon who understands the facial anatomy and facial aesthetics, Dr. Bressler administers these treatments himself allowing him to fully understand his patients’ wishes and establish rapport. When considering any future cosmetic surgery, this allows for a comfortable, non-stressful, and pleasant consultation with a familiar surgeon.
A few key points to remember when considering these treatments
- BOTOX is a medication injected directly into the muscle to treat dynamic wrinkles, or wrinkles caused by facial movements.
- BOTOX is measured in units, not in milliliters or syringes. The concentration of the BOTOX depends on how much saline was placed into the BOTOX vial. Always ask how many units you received during your injection.
- Ask when your BOTOX was reconstituted (see Injectables and Fillers for further information).
- BOTOX begins to work at 2-3 days and has its maximal effect at about 2 weeks.
- Fillers are implants or devices injected into the skin (dermis) to treat passive wrinkles or wrinkles/folds seen at rest. They are also used for volume correction when injected deeper.
- Do not massage after filler injection unless instructed otherwise.
- Taking a series of Zytaze® nutritional capsules can enhance and prolong the effects of your BOTOX injections.
Check out these helpful articles
- BOTOX Can Improve First Impressions For Attractiveness
The popular cosmetic enhancement, botulinum toxin A (BOTOX) positively effects first impression judgments in relation to attractiveness, dating success, and athleticism, says new research presented at the 2008 American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO-HNSF) Annual Meeting & OTO EXPO in Chicago, IL….read more
- Keeping Up Appearances In a Downturn
Despite the dismal economic climate, most women — and men — who undergo appearance-enhancing treatments such as BOTOX injections are spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year to maintain the regimen, aesthetic physicians say. Meanwhile, some older patients who are putting off or forgoing expensive face lifts are instead opting for less-costly injections and laser treatments….read more
- Men Increasingly Look to BOTOX for Youthful Appearance
The buzz about metrosexuals may have died down, but men’s desire to look good certainly hasn’t. These days, many are turning to BOTOX to smooth out frown lines and forehead creases….
- AAFPRS Speaks to the Safety of Cosmetic Facial Fillers
In response to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) recent report of side effects linked to injectable wrinkle fillers, the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) states that wrinkle fillers appear safe when injected properly, in appropriate areas and after a pre-treatment medical history and physical exam performed by a qualified physician….
- Skin So Smooth: The New Injectables
BOTOX works best at smoothing wrinkled foreheads and crow’s feet around the eyes, but thanks to our ever-increasing obsession with fending off the tides of time, there’s a new generation of products – skin plumpers/fillers/injectables – that has cropped up to fill in where BOTOX leaves off….